New Article Published on Radiology Office Planning and Design
Architecture for Radiology, LLP --- the only architecture firm in the United States that specializes exclusively in radiology facility planning and design --- is pleased to announce the publication of an article on how the concept of universal room design can address the commonplace problem that decision-making on the purchase of major medical equipment often lags the schedule for upfront planning and design of the radiology department or radiology practice.
The article has been published in the June 2009 edition of Hospital Newspaper.
The article is entitled: “Utilizing Universal Room Design in Fast Track Healthcare Projects Involving Major Medical Equipment Purchases”.
The article discusses the latest hospital planning and hospital design trends, in the area of radiology offices, including the following issues:
- Why does the architect need the equipment specs?
- Types of engineering infrastructure involved in a radiology project
- What happens when radiologists and/or radiology administrators change their minds about equipment specifications
- How much impact do changes to medical equipment specifications have on a design and construction project schedule and budget?
- If you do change your mind about a major medical equipment purchase, when is the best time to do it working with consultants radiology such as Architecture for Radiology?
- How can the design of what is called a "universal room" mitigate to some degree the costs (both financial and in terms of schedule delay) of equipment changes?
The article was written by the firm’s principle, well-known radiology architect, William N. Bernstein, LEED®AP, AIA. Mr. Bernstein is a graduate of the Yale University School of Architecture, who has specialized in healthcare design and construction for over 30 years.
About Architecture for Radiology, LLP: This architectural company specializes in radiology planning and design. The firm is an award-winning architectural design firm specializing in the design and planning of radiology facilities including experienced radiology room designers.
The firm takes pride in providing the highest level of healthcare and hospital design work, with additional expertise in sustainable healthcare facilities, energy saving measures for hospitals, cost reduction strategies for healthcare facilities, healthcare facility safety and patient safety.
Radiology Consulting Services Offered by Architecture for Radiology:
Radiology Design: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-design/
Radiology Equipment Planning: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-equipment-planning/
Radiology Project Management: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-project-management/
Radiology Design Expert Witness Services: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-design-expert-witness-services/
Ways to Follow Architecture for Radiology:
Architecture for Radiology on Twitter: https://twitter.com/arch4rad
Architecture for Radiology on Blogger: http://arch4rad.blogspot.com/
Architecture for Radiology on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/architecture-for-radiology-llp
Architecture for Radiology on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArchitectureforRadiology