Architecture for Radiology (the only architecture firm in the world focused exclusively on radiology design and construction) is pleased to announce that it has been selected to design a new outpatient radiology center, within a prominent community health center, in Boston, MA.
The project includes radiology planning and radiology room design of multiple radiology modalities including ultrasound room design, digital mammography room design and digital radiography room design. In addition, there is a separate women's center will have typical support space such as dressing rooms, offices, reception and waiting.
An important consideration in the planning of this radiology renovation, is the requirement that the radiology center remain in continuous operation throughout the renovation. This requires careful consideration of the flow and functionality of the radiology department, and a phased plan for the project.
The project will be designed to reinforce the important role of the community health center in the health of the surrounding community.
About Architecture for Radiology, LLP:
Founded in 1996, this radiology consulting firm specializes exclusively in radiology design and construction. The firm is run by William N. Bernstein, LEED®AP, AIA, a well-known radiology architect. The firm is highly experienced with state-of-the-art radiology practice including leading edge equipment, planning strategies, and PACs implementation. Amongst the firm’s specialty radiology consulting services are: radiology master plans, hospital radiology departments, outpatient radiology facilities, and radiology room design including: ct room design, MRI room design, mammography room design, linear accelerator room design, cat scan room design, and
nuclear medicine room design.
The firm’s radiology work has been published extensively --- see section below on Radiology Publications.
Representative Radiology, Healthcare and Laboratory Publications:
- "Design of a State-of-the-Art Research Radiology Center"© William N. Bernstein, Hospital Newspaper
- "Universal Room Design Can Mitigate Change Costs", © William N. Bernstein, Aunt Minnie.com
- “The Planetree Approach”, © William N. Bernstein, Hospital Newspaper
- “Trading Spaces”, © William N. Bernstein, Advance for Imaging and Oncology
- “Ten Points of the New Healthcare Design", © William N. Bernstein, Hospital Newspaper
- "Facility Planning Implications of the New MRI Safety Guidelines", © William N. Bernstein, Hospital Newspaper
- "Finding the Right Space for a New Imaging Center", © William N. Bernstein, AuntMinnie.com
- "On the Front Lines: A NYC Hospital Engineer's First Hand Account of Sept. 11", Health Facilities Management, © William N. Bernstein (with Michael Rawlings)
- "Floor Planning In a Nutshell", © M. J. Tamas, Advance for Administrators in Radiology
- “Architects Double-Team the Future of Radiology with Experience and a Can-Do Attitude”, © P. Rohland, Advance for Administrators in Radiology
- "Renovated Space, Skywalk `Reconnect' - 4 Floors Up", Health Facilities Management
Radiology Consulting Services Offered by Architecture for Radiology:
Radiology Design: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-design/
Radiology Equipment Planning: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-equipment-planning/
Radiology Project Management: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-project-management/
Radiology Design Expert Witness Services: http://arch4rad.com/radiology-design-expert-witness-services/
Ways to Follow Architecture for Radiology:
Architecture for Radiology on Twitter: https://twitter.com/arch4rad
Architecture for Radiology on Blogger: http://arch4rad.blogspot.com/
Architecture for Radiology on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/architecture-for-radiology-llp
Architecture for Radiology on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ArchitectureforRadiology